top button
Flag Notify
    Connect to us
      Site Registration

Site Registration

Who will have the highest chances for surviving in the truel and how much is the chance?

+1 vote

Once upon a time there were three rivals who got together in a dark wood on an open spot for composing a quarrel by using guns. It was a kind of duel but there were three people in it and therefore it is a truel. There were A, B and C. there was some rules to be followed in the game. The rules of the games were:
-They have to draw the lots in order to find who will fire first and who will be second and who will be third.
- The next rule is that, they will start firing on each other unless there is a last person alive.
- Each person will decide on his own about which person he will fire on.
-it is quite clear that A hits and kills in all the shots and it is 100%. Whereas 80% of the shots are hit by B and C hits in 50% of the shots he tries to fire in. the three persons have their own strategy for firing. Nobody is killed by the stray bullet.

Question: who will have the highest chances for surviving in the truel and how much is the chance?

posted Aug 31, 2015 by Vishal

Share this puzzle
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button LinkedIn Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

B has the highest change: 43%
C has 40% and A 17%
If A starts, he will kill B. C will have 50%, thus A survives 50% and C the other 50%
If B starts, he will kill A. C will have 50%, thus B survives 50% and C the other 50%
If C starts, he will kill A. B has 80% chance to hit, thus B survives 80% and C the other 20%.
As each of these three options have a 1/3 chance of occurring, the survival rate is:
A: 50% * 1/3 = 17%
B: 50% * 1/3 + 80% * 1/3 = 43%
C: 50% * 1/3 + 50% * 1/3 + 20% * 1/3 = 40%

answer Sep 1, 2015 by Jcm

Similar Puzzles
+1 vote

Amar, Akbar and Anthony plans for gun fighting and eachone got a gun to shoot each other until only one person is left.

Shooting History of all three
Amar hits his shot 1/3 of the time, gets to shoot first.
Akbar, hits his shot 2/3 of the time, gets to shoot next if still living.
Anthony having perfect record at shooting(100% accuracy) shoots last , if alive.

If you are Amar, where should you shoot first for the highest chance of survival?

0 votes

You are working out some estimates for your boss. You can come up with a very good package for your nice little wid­gets, but the packaging may be too expensive. The cost of the widget and the packaging is $1.10, and the widget is $1.00 more than the package.

How much will you have to tell your boss that the package for each widget will cost?

0 votes

The marked price of a shirt is Rs 1857/-.
A shopkeeper offers three successive of 5%, 15% and 25%.
How much will you have to pay finally?

0 votes

There are two girls, x and y who want to board a tricycle of fare N130 together, paying equally. A senior gave them both N420 to give a beggar 1/6 of it and share the remaining in 6:5 ratio. If x gives the driver N200 out of the N420, and collects N70 change. y gives x N100; x gives y N25; and y gives x N50. y owing x N200 earlier, how much will x give/get to/from y?

0 votes

Rate list of some liquids purchased by Rahul is -
Item.........Rate per litre.......Amount required in litres
A shopping mall offers a discount of 10%,20% and 30% in the rate of following items. These discounts are given according to the demand of customer.
For getting maximum profit , Rahul will use 30% discount in which item and he will pay how much rupees to the shopkeeper ?