Ileana D’Cruz is a popular Indian actress who is predominantly known for her roles in Telugu movies. She has appeared in a number of high grossing Telugu movies like Julayi, Kick, Jalsa and Pokiri and established herself as an important star in South cinema. In the year 2006, she was awarded with the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actress for the movie Devadasu. In 2012, she appeared in the movie Barfi for which she bagged the award for the Best Film Actress in a Debut. Till date, she has appeared in a number of popular Bollywood movies like Phata Poster Nikla Hero, Happy Ending and Rustom.
Let's take a look at 10 unknown things about "Rustom Actress" Ileana D’Cruz:
1. Ileana D’Cruz was born in a Catholic family in Mumbai just like Genelia’d Souza. Ilena was partly raised at Goa and partly in Pune. Konkoni is her mother tongue.
2. Ileana was a very good student during her school days. Somebody told her that she possess a beautiful face and should sign up for modelling. But she was reluctant at first and her first portfolio was a major disaster.
3. It was Rakesh Roshan who took personal interest in Ileana and encouraged her to take up modelling as a career. He also directed her for a commercial of Fair n Lovely that garnered a lot of praise and accolade in public.
4. Ileana was the first actress in the South Film industry who was provided with Rs 1 crore as remuneration for her role in movies. She charges around 3 crore now for every film in Bollywood.
5. She made her debut in hindi cinema with movie name ”Barfi” after that she did some more bollywood hit movies like ‘Phata Poster Nikla Hero’ with shahid kapoor and ‘Main Tera Hero’ with dashing varun dhawan now she is well known in bollywood.
6. Ileana d’Cruz is involved with a modelling career prior to her entry into Bollywood. Ileana has done a number of commercials like Ponds, Fair n Lovely and other brands from time to time.
7. Her idea of a perfect date involves a picnic basket, bonfire, blanket on a beach and talking under the stars with amazing food and wine over a good conversation.
8. The man of her dreams must be a true gentleman who should be genuine, intelligent with good sense of humor. Her dream man should be well dressed and well spoken.
9. She is extremely cautious about her figure and works out at least 1 hour every day at the gym. Ileana is a great foodie and wants to burn her excess fat by exercising.
10. Ileana has a strong desire for rasmalai, rasgullas and dark chocolate. She don't like Smokers.