Dia Mirza is a celebrated actress in the Bollywood industry who has won the Miss Asia Pacific title in the year 2000. Apart from her acting skills, she is known in the media for her humanitarian social work. She is one of the successful actress in the Bollywood industry and has a large fan base in India.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about bollywood actress Dia Mirza:
1. She comes from a mixed family of German and Indian. Her father Frank Handrich is a German architect while her mother Deepa is a Bengali and an interior decorator. Her parents separated when she was just 4 years old. Her father died when she was 9 and her mother re-married with her step father dying in 2003.
2. She was born on 9th December 1981 at Andhra Pradesh. Her nickname is Dee and likes eating chocolates. Her favourite perfume is Baby Doll by Ralph Lauren. Her favourite colour being turquoise and her favourite movies include Forest Grump and Schlinder’s List.
3. Her favourite actors incorporate Nana Patekar, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan. In Hollywood, she prefers Tom Cruise and happens to have seen every one of his movies.
4. Dia Mirza got her surname from her step father named Ahmed Mirza who was a Hyderabadi Muslim. She was born and raised in Hyderabad where she went to Vidyaranya High School. She finished her graduation in Arts from Ambedkar Open University in Hyderabad.
5. In April 2014, she got engaged with Sahil Sanga who was her long time business partner. Both of them got married in October that same year at Chattarpur Farm in New Delhi.
6. Before making a career in the Indian film, Dia worked as an advertising official for a media firm named as Neeraj's Multimedia Studio. She was paid Rs 5000 at that point. In the meantime, she began her modelling career and she could be found in various promotions for brands like Lipton and Wall's Ice-cream.
7. She made debut with the film Rehna Hain Tere Dil Mein featuring Saif Ali Khan and R Madhavan. Tragically, the movie did not fared well in the box office. She has showed up in various films like Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Dus, Parineeta with Vidya Balan and Tumko Na Bhool Payenge.
8. Dia Mirza has garnered a lot of praise for her social work. As such, she has received 2012 Green Award from IIFA for her contribution towards the environment. At the same time, she has done a number of different awareness campaigns like HIV, female foeticide, cancer etc. She has publicly supported Narmada Bachao Andolan and written a number of articles for Hindustan Times.
9. In the year 2012, Dia was seen in a regional cinema with a Bengali film maker named Pritam's Paanch Adhyay. It swung to be an exceedingly effective movie at the box office and the film was chosen for major film festivals in India and abroad.
10. Dia Mirza was the second runners up at Femina Miss India 2000 and was the winner of Miss Asia Pacific 2000. In the meantime, she has won different titles like Miss Close Up Smile, Miss Avon and Miss Beautiful Smile.