Madhuri Dixit is also known as the dancing diva of Bollywood. She is a multi-talented actress, dancer, as well as a judge on a reality TV show (Jhalak Dikhla Ja). Owing to her 1000 watt smile and mystic aura, she has been able to steal a million hearts and rule Bollywood for decades.
Let's take a look at 10 interesting and unknown facts about bollywood dancing diva Madhuri Dixit:
1. Madhuri was born in a Maharashtrian family to Late Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit in the year 1967. She has three elder siblings: two sisters (Rupa Dixit and Bharti Dixit), and a brother Ajit Dixit.
2. Madhuri Dixit was paid a salary of Rs. 27,535,729 for her role in ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ opposite Salman Khan.
3. Madhuri Dixit had no interest in joining films initially. She received a degree in Microbiology and wanted to become a microbiologist or a pathologist.
4. Madhuri Dixit is said to be the only actress in Bollywood to have the record for having the maximum number of Filmfare nominations (14 times) in the Best Actress category and has won 5 Filmfare Awards.
5. Famous Indian painter M.F Husain was so mesmerized by Madhuri Dixit’s beauty that he watched her blockbuster ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ 67 times. He also booked an entire theatre for her comeback flick, ‘Aaja Nachle’.
6. In the song ‘Kahe Chedd Mohe' from Devdas, Madhuri Dixit’s costume weighed 30 kilograms. She had some problems with the dance choreography because of this, but she eventually completed it.
7. Madhuri Dixit is an accomplished Kathak dancer and is trained in the dance for eight years.
8. Madhuri is the only heroine of her era who got choreographed by Kathak guru, Pandit Birju Maharaj for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’. She was thrilled when Pandit Birju Maharaj said that she is the best Bollywood dancer.
9. In the year 2008, this Bollywood actress with the most mesmerising smile was honoured with the Padma Shri award (India’s 4th highest civilian award).
10. Madhuri literally has fans from all corners of the world, including our neighbour Pakistan. During the Kargil War, it was reported that Pakistani army taunted saying that "they would give up Kashmir if India gives them Madhuri". As a reply to this, Captain Batra shot the taunter and said: “From Madhuri, With Love”.