Perfectly described by one of the Best entertainment page on facebook, Madhubala was someone who’s beauty isn’t portrayed by words. She was the ruler of acting and a wonder goddess, and was a part of around 70 movies.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about the most beautiful woman of bollywood Madhubala :
1. Madhubala started working at a very young age (Age 9) To support her financially. Her Screen name was same as her real name Mumtaz.
2. Her leading role in a movie was at the age of 14 opposite Raj Kapoor in Neel Kamal-1947. This was the last film as ‘Mumtaz’ as she selected ‘Madhubala’ to be her name.
3. She didn’t know to speak English but she had to. She learned it when she was 17.
4. She played the lead role opposite all superstars of her time including Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Dilip Kumar, Ashok Kumar, Shammi Kapoor and Sunil Dutt.
5. Her father was very strict. She didn’t have any friends as she was not allowed to go out for parties. She was allowed to come out only for the shooting.
6. The reason behind her father’s strictness was her beauty. He didn’t want her to go close to anyone and He used to accompany her from the sets.
7. Her career spanned about 22 years but out of about 70 movies only 15 were hit, which is something shocking.
8. The actress wasn’t just famous in India, but was known internationally as well. A major Hollywood magazine wrote an article about her which stated her as The Biggest Star in the World.
9. An example of her father’s strictness is that Madhubala and Dilip Kumar loved each other, but her father didn’t want her to be in a relationship with Dilip so their LOVE ended.
10. The actress died very early, just at 36.