Raj Kapoor, the second era of Bollywood's first family, passed on June 2, 1988 after a long and distinguished profession earlier and behind the curve lights.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about Raj Kapoor:
1. Raj Kapoor started as a clapper-kid. At the point when Kidar Sharma was taping Vishkanya (1943), Raj would dependably brush his hair and stance before the camera before giving the applaud. At the point when Kidar Sharma was shooting a nearby as the sun was going down, Raj got the legend's whiskers in the clapperboard and it fell off. Sharma lost his temper and purportedly slapped youthful Raj before the entire unit.
2. Raj's genuine name was Ranbir, shared by his grandson. Raj was the center name of all the Kapoor siblings. Shammi's genuine name was Shamsher Raj and Shashi was truly Balbir Raj.
3. Raj Kapoor first wanted to become a music director before making it big as an actor. He became the youngest film director at 24.
4. Raj Kapoor set up R K Films in 1948. The first film from the banner was Aag, directed by him and the first starring himself and Nargis. But it was Barsaat that brought the studio success, and a scene featuring Nargis, Raj and a violin became the R K Films' logo.
5. At Dilip Kumar's wedding, a standout amongst the most marvelous of now is the ideal time, the baraat was driven by Prithviraj Kapoor, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand.
6. Hrishikesh Mukherjee was roused to make Anand after he wound up noticeably frequented by the musings of dear companion Raj Kapoor's demise after the performing artist executive fell sick.
7. The scene where Rishi meets Dimple in her house in Bobby was inspired by the real life meeting between Raj Kapoor and Nargis.
8. Awaara (1951) was the first movie to feature three generations of Kapoors in its cast - Diwan Basheshwarnath (Raj Kapoor's grandfather), Prithviraj and Raj. In 1971, Randhir Kapoor repeated the formula with Kal Aaj Aur Kal starring himself, dad Raj and grandfather Prithviraj.