Karisma Kapoor is the elder daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita. She was born on June 25, 1974. She is the granddaughter of legendary actor Raj Kapoor and great granddaughter of film actor Prithviraj Kapoor. Her mother gave her the name 'Lolo' after the legendary Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida. She is the elder sister of Kareena Kapoor Khan. She is also the cousin sister of Bollywood's latest heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about Karisma Kapoor:
1. Karisma’s nickname, Lolo, was inspired from the legendary Italian actress, Gina Lollobrigida. Also, the name means ‘sweet’ in Sindhi, her mother Babita’s mother tongue.
2. Though she is widely known as the first Kapoor girl in Bollywood, she is, in fact, not! Shashi Kapoor’s daughter, Sanjana, who debuted in Hindi films with Hero Hiralal (1988), opposite Naseeruddin Shah, was actually the first Kapoor girl.
3. The 1991 flick, Prem Qaidi, was her Bollywood make a big appearance vehicle. In any case, Karisma should enter Hindi movies four years after the fact, with Rajkumar Santoshi's Barsaat (1995). Be that as it may, predetermination had different arrangements for the young lady and she wound up doing Prem Qaidi. Afterward, Twinkle Khanna stowed Barsaat, inverse newcomer Bobby Deol.
4. The film that changed her picture and gave her a captivating makeover, Raja Hindustani, was initially offered to Aishwarya Rai. Yes, Karisma was not the primary decision for the sentiment show. Since Ash couldn't do the film inferable from her Miss World duties, Lolo packed away it at long last.
5. Karisma has a history of rejecting film offers. Here are the most prominent ones – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Rani Mukerji’s role), Karan Arjun (Mamta Kulkarni’s role), Ishq (Juhi Chawla’s role), Gupt (Manisha Koirala’s role), Asoka (Kareena Kapoor’s role), Judaai (Urmila Matondkar’s role), Lamhaa (Bipasha Basu’s role), Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke (Preity Zinta’s role), and Deewanagi (Urmila Matondkar’s role).
6. Karisma and her ex-husband Sanjay were invited to her cousin’s Ranbir Kapoor’s sister Riddhima’s wedding but she didn’t attend it because Rishi and Neetu hadn’t invited her mother Babita and sister Kareena for the same.
7. Despite the fact that a large portion of their movies together slumped in the cinema world, Karisma and Ajay Devgn dated each other in 1994.
8. The on-screen character had her own TV series, titled Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny, in which, she played two unique characters. It was communicate on Sahara One in 2003-2004.
9. Karisma is the first ever Bollywood actor who endorsed the international brand, Coca Cola, in India, in 1998.
10. She is good friends with Tabu. Black, white and blue are Karisma’s favourite colours, and Chinese and Indian are her favourite cuisines.