Rani Mukerji is an Indian flim actress, through her Bollywood career, she has become one of the most high profile celebrities in India, winning several awards, including seven Filmfare Awards. Her film roles have been cited as a significant departure from the traditional portrayal of women in Bollywood.
Let's we take a look at 10 of the unknown facts about "The Queen Of Hearts" Rani Mukerji:
1. Rani Mukerji made her on-screen debut with a Bengali movie. Her father, Ram Mukerji‘s Bengali movie Biyer Phool (1996) had Rani play the role of a younger sister.
2. Rani Mukerji's debut hindi movie "Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat" (1997) flopped at the box office but her performance caught Aditya Chopra’s attention. Which brought her the part of Tina in "Kuch Hota Hai", and the rest as is commonly said, is history.
3. Rani Mukerji was evidently offered Tabu's part in "The Namesake". She had to give the project up because the dates were clashing with Karan Johar‘s "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna".
4. Rani Mukerji is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously. She won Best Actress (for Hum Tum) and Best Supporting Actress (for Yuva) awards in a single year (2005) at the Filmfare Awards.
5. Rani Mukerji ranked topped in the Rediff’s as ‘Top Bollywood Female Stars’ for three consecutive years (2004-2006). This feat not achieved by any other bollywood actress.
6. Rani Mukerji professedly dated Abhishek Bachchan. All things considered, if our Industrywalla says it's actual… then it must be.
7. Rani Mukerji was the only woman to highlight in the Filmfare Power List in 2005. This year was a great year for her, wasn’t it?
8. Rani Mukerji has been credited by the media for breaking the ‘fairness myth’ by the media. The woman has never supported a fairness cream and that truly makes her our favourite.
9. Rani Mukerji is a trained Odissi dancer, having pursued the dance for 10 years.
10. Rani Mukerji's brother-in-law, Uday Chopra has a rather funny nickname for her and her husband, Aditya Chopra as Mr. and Mrs. Voldemort.