Indian cricket has no shortage of fans. Everytime India play a foreign country, a legion of fans drop in at the stadium or crowd around a TV in their neighborhood to support India. But there is one fan for whom Tendulkar is God and he is Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary. In the past so many years, he has prayed to God for the Master Blaster and has been similarly seen by the world on TV.
Let's take a look at 10 unknown facts about Sachin Tendulkar's No. 1 fan, Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary:
1. Sudhir started following Tendulkar in 2002 from the Eden Gardens, where the Master Blaster scored a negligible 36 against England.
2. He cycled for 1700 kms Bihar to Mumbai to meet Tendulkar in Mumbai. This was back in 2003 when Australia and New Zealand were here for a tr-series.
3. He once invaded a press conference to touch Tendulkar's feet. And then Tendulkar invited him home for lunch.
4. Sudhir once also invaded the pitch in Cuttack to touch Tendulkar's feet. Tendulkar especially requested the police not to beat him up.
5. Sudhir and Tendulkar shared a nice mutual understanding. Tendulkar sponsored all his match tickets and Sudhir travelled to Mumbai to give Tendulkar 1000 litchis.
6. Sudhir was invited to the dressing room by Sachin Tendulkar after India won the 2011 World Cup at Wankhede Stadium.
7. Once on a tour to New Zealand, his paintbox was taken away by the airport security. As liquids weren't allowed on the plane, he was fined Rs 65,000.
8. He is unmarried. Primarily because he doesn't want to hamper someone's life by staying glued to cricket all the time.
9. He doesn't have time for family. He is so deep into cricket that he doesn't receive his family's call.
10. He fell out with his father years ago for being so deeply obsessed with cricket.