Amrita Rao is an Indian model and a very famous Bollywood actress who has carved a niche for herself in the Indian film industry. She has appeared in a number of movies and left the audience and her fans mesmerized by her performance. Till date, she has done a number of hit movies like Vivaah, Ishq Vish, Legend of Bhagat Singh, Main Hoon Na, Masti etc.
When we discuss Amrita Rao, the main thing that comes to our mind is the Bollywood's quintessential next door girl. She has done a number of movies with Shahid Kapoor who happens to be her favourite co-star. She was hailed for her role in the movie Vivaah opposite Shahid Kapoor and is her best film till date.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about Amrita Rao:
1. She was born on 7th June 1981 and has worked in a number of Tamil and Telugu movies. Apart from Hindi and English, Amrita Rao can speak Marathi and Konkani fluently.
2. She is born in a Brahmin Konkani family and did her graduation from Mumbai. Amrita Rao has a younger sibling named Preeta and both of them have done modelling together. Her father Deepak Rao is a businessman in Mumbai.
3. Amrita had done her senior secondary school from Canossa Convent Girls School, which was a very strict school. In one of her interviews she said, “I went to a strict school. Even if a button was missing here and a clip missing there, we were punished. I had to always be obedient. No masti at all for me”.
4. She is the granddaughter of Guru Dutt who was a celebrated chief, maker and film on-screen character. Amrita Rao has done her graduation from Sophia College. She has a decent voice and she has done Hindustani Classical singing for a long time when she was in school.
5. At the point when Amrita Rao was 16 years of age, her first crush was nobody however Nayan Mongia; India's a standout amongst the most praised wicket managers. She says that every one of the young ladies in her group used to like Sachin TENDULKAR yet she was succumbing to Mongia.
6. Amrita Rao came into the Bollywood film industry in the year 2002 and made debut in a movie called Ab Ke Baras. Till date, she has won a number of different awards like Fashion Icon of the Year that was sponsored by NIFD, Stardust Awards, Filmfare Awards etc. Also, she is the winner of prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award when she was 25 years old.
7. Before beginning her vocation in Indian motion pictures, Amrita Rao showed up in various TV plugs and was doing displaying for a few mold houses. Her first open appearance was in the year 2002 when she was 17 years of age. She was included in a music video called Woh Pyar Mera by Alisha Chinoy.
8. In the year 2007, she was offered a movie by Yash Raj Films however she denied the offer for the role of the lead actress in the movie. Actually she needed to kiss Ranbir Kapoor in one scene which she has never done onscreen.
9. Her hobbies include writing, reading and poetry. She loves eating Thai and Mangalorian cuisine. Amrita Rao is the brand ambassador of Miss Players Apparel, Parachute Hair Oil and D’Damas Gold Jewellery. Times of India declared her as one of the Top 50 Desirable Women of 2011.
10. She was in headlines after she secretly married with her boyfriend Anmol who is actually a radio jockey. As she is amazingly saved in her own life, the wedding declaration by this diva came as a kind of shock.