Here I am providing the basic steps to create a network in MS-visio, feel free to comment -
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Network, and then choose network diagram as per your need.
- From the left pan choose your shapes and drag them onto the drawing page as per your need.
a. For example you choose the ring as step 1
b. As step 2 you select computers/monitors.
- Attach devices to the Ring network or Ethernet shape by using the shape's built-in connectors:
a. Click the Connector tool Button image on the Standard toolbar (left pan).
b. Drag from a connection point Connection point blue X on the first shape to a connection point on the second shape. The connector endpoints turn red when the shapes are connected.
- When the device shape is correctly connected to the Ring network or Ethernet shape, the connection point turns red, indicating that it is glued.
- To store data with a shape, on the View menu, click Shape Data Window, and in the Shape Data window, type values for the data that you want to store.