Experience: 0 - 5 Years
Education: B.Tech/B.E in IT
Job Description: The Unix Systems Administrators will provide enterprise-wide Unix System Infrastructure support for complex systems and interconnected technologies that require day-today support and administration in order to maintain optimum performance and utilization.
- Provide support in the following areas: Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Red Hat Linux.
- Troubleshoot, install, configure and maintain the UNIX midrange environment during business hours and off-hours during on-call.
- Provide data protection, recovery and business continuity, test and validate disaster recovery and business continuity methods. Perform routine backup and recovery for data protection and integrity.
- Monitor UNIX environments that consist of complex systems and equipment.
- Perform high availability installation, support and monitoring, System data protection, backup and restore,
- AD authentication, user account management, disk storage management, hardware and OS maintenance.
- Install, configure and maintain highly optimized Virtualized UNIX environment using Zone/Container, LDOM, HP vpars, UNIX High Availability environment consisting of different HA techniques i.e. clustering, load balancing, and cluster file systems; UNIX storage environment using Solaris Volume Manager, ZFS, HP LVM.
• Five to Ten years experience providing Unix systems administration support for large-scale complex unix environments.
• Unix systems administration - Sun Solaris 10,11, HP-UX 11.23,11.31, Linux Red Hat.
• Solaris Volume Manager, ZFS, HP LVM.
• Shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience.
• System level support for JAVA application, Weblogic, Apache, and database Servers.
• Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
• EMC storage array based SAN environment.
• Knowledge of Entry-Level, Midrange and High-End Enterprise servers i.e. E25K, Sun disk arrays, HP superdomes and Integrity Blades.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP,SNMP, SSL, HTTP.
• Sun Virtualization technologies: Container and LDOM.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people.