Education & Experience:
- No prior experience is required. Most new employees in this position have 0-2 years experience.
- A Technical Trade Degree or related courses in computer science, or equivalent is preferable.
- Generally, an Information Systems Engineer at this level is learning the practical basics of developing software products in an environment where they can be an important contributor.
The Information Systems Engineering group is part of NetApps IT function and is responsible for a wide range of applications technical expertise. As a part of a team, you will help to ensure that team objectives and project deadlines are met. The essential functions of the team include:
- Create long-term strategy for the department and communicate it to team members and peers in other functional areas.
- Plan, design, implement, and lead application installation projects or operating process.
- Analyze, test, and debug applications.
- Develop applications for functional areas such as Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. May work with technical teams, including Business Systems Analysts, to understand functional business needs and jointly develop automated solutions.
- Develop and maintain systems level software and utilities for both existing and new systems.
- Write, maintain and implement systems specifications.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure client satisfaction and client management.
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resources needs, and projected outcomes.
- Mentorship and training of junior Information Systems Engineers by more senior members of the team on processes and tools.
- Project management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Information Systems Engineering team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Account management and project management experience.
- NetApp hardware and software experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are well defined and utilize and build understanding of standard principals and practices within a team environment.
- This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects, and may communicate with employees in other functions as required.
- Regular and detailed direction is provided, as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to team projects.