The Functional / Cross-functional test development group ensures customers get the highest quality on our flagship product, The Oracle Database. Every release more and more complex features are added to the database, which in many cases need a specialized test framework to be designed & developed. All the test scenarios / applications need to be fully automated, starting from the setup to the final result verification. This is very important, since running of tests is scheduled by an automated system. Our automated test framework runs 5000+ hours worth of tests every day. To-date we have developed over 430,000 test scenarios validating over 17 million lines of code with a good code coverage
Roles and responsibilities:
People joining this team will be part of a worldwide-distributed group that is challenged to create database product usage scenarios, simulating real life problems by interleaving appropriate features and developing test applications and tools to ensure that customers get the highest quality database.
Exposure to the database / clusterware internals with full access to the database kernel source code.
You get a chance to review the functional specifications before it is implemented. The potential for gaining database domain knowledge is unlimited.
Develop expertise in the very technologies that are critical for Oracle customers, rather than dwell only on mastering programming languages.
You will be working with the best of class in Database design and development.
Exposure to one of the best product development processes
We use a variety of programming languages depending on the areas we need to work on C, C++, Java, Jython, Perl to mention a few. In most cases, you will be free to choose what is best for your test application.
Who we need:
Individuals with sound CS background with fresh perspectives. We encourage experimentation with new ideas and new technologies.
Good relational database fundamentals/concepts
Knowledge of a programming language C/C++/Java/Perl
Good Analytical and Problem solving skills
Willing to learn and validate new features of forthcoming release of Oracle database server
- Should be passionate in doing testing and working on avionics applications.
- Should have good knowledge on C,C++ & embedded systems.
- Good knowledge on Test cases development/debugging, Code coverage analysis, traceability, Thorough understanding of the Avionics Displays system.
- Good knowledge in C, VB, embedded Programming fundamentals, RTOS concepts. Deriving test cases and test procedures from the low level requirements.
- Understanding MATLAB/Simulink/HAM generated models and, able to derive test vectors from models (eg HiLite). Software testing methodologies - Test scripts generation (Adhering to DO-178B) & Coverage analysis tools. Should have sound knowledge on Debugging on the target hardware/simulator.
- Working Knowledge on Configuration Management (Clear case/PVCS/VSS)
- Must possess good communication skills