Sex is fun and for it to remain fun, there are certain things which every one must keep in mind. The most obvious one is birth control, the mistake that couples make is that they think they know everything about birth control, they know all the methods and that they’ve made the correct decision of using whatever method of birth control that they do use.
Sadly, that is not true. There are a lot of things about birth control that remain undiscovered. Here they are:
1. Birth control pills prevent pregnancy through two different mechanisms: They prevent women from ovulating, and they cause the cervical mucus to thicken, which makes it more difficult for a sperm to penetrate and make contact with an egg if the woman is ovulating.
2. If women follow the exact instructions for taking birth control pills — every day, at the same time — they prevent pregnancy in 99 percent of all cases. But lots of people don’t do that.
3. Birth control pills have a higher failure rate than other contraceptives, like intra-uterine devices (IUDs) or birth control rings.
4. Those “sugar pills” at the end of a birth control pack? They have active ingredients.
5. Birth control does not make you fat.
6. If you notice a reduction in your sex drive after starting on the pill, call your doctor.
7. Condoms keep things secure 98 percent of the time, but there is the possibility of failure.
8. If you’re considering getting the Depo-Provera shot as an alternative to birth control pills or IUDs, you have to go in for a new shot once every 12 weeks.