Vishnu is said to descend in form of an avatar to restore cosmic order and have ten following avataram -
1) Matsya - the fish, from the Satya Yuga
2) Kurma - the tortoise, from the Satya Yuga
3) Varaha - the boar, from the Satya Yuga
4) Narasimha - Half man and half lion, from the Satya Yuga
5) Vamana - the dwarf, from the Treta Yuga.
6) Parashurama - warrior with the axe, from the Treta Yuga.
7) Rama - Price of Ayodhya, from the Treta Yuga.
8) Krishna - Prince of Mathura/Dwarka, from the Dwapar Yuga.
9) Gautama Buddha - Founder of Buddhism, from current Yuga.
10) Kalki - will be the final incarnation of Vishnu, and yet to incarnate.