Diwali or Deepawali is the Hindu festival of lights and is celebrated with much zeal and enthusiasm every year. Diwali falls on the ‘Amavasya’ in the month of Karthik, according to the Hindu calendar. The festival is known to bring joy, health and prosperity and other than its religious significance, Diwali is special also because it brings families and near-and-dear ones closer.
DEEPAVALI/ DIWALI PUJA VIDHI
1. First of all, place the white cloth on the wooden ‘chauki’ and carefully place the idols of Ganesh and Laxmi on it (‘moorti-sthaapana’).
2. The idols should be bathed in the ‘panchamrita’ mentioned in the saamagri.
3. Make sure that the chauki faces towards east.
4. Make a rangoli around the chauki.
5. Sprinkle gangajal on the idols and around the whole ‘Puja-sthal’ to purify the area.
6. Apply roli, kumkum and akshat (unbroken rice) on the idols. Clothe the idols with their respective coloured clothes.
****for further more information read this article****: Welcome Goddess Lakshmi this Diwali | Diwali 2018 Puja Vidhi and List of Items- Vastu Dekho