Manpower planning entails getting the right number and type of personnel to do the required tasks for the fulfillment of the goals and objectives of the organization.
Objectives of manpower planning:
1. To ensure proper utilization of human resources.
2. To check the development of the employees for the achievement of the organization goal.
3. To ensure proper human resource policies.
4. To provide proper control measures whenever required.
Why manpower planning is important?
1. Human resource planning/ manpower planning is helpful in finding out surplus/ shortage of manpower.
2. It is helpful in employee development.
3. It is useful in finding out the deficiencies in existing manpower and providing corrective training.
4. It is helpful in overall planning process of the organization.
I hope it would clarify your doubts...