Prabhu Deva was born on April 3rd, 1973 in Mysore Karnataka. He is well known for his dancing skills across all the corners of our country. The celebrity started his career at the beginning of the 90’s as an actor in order to have real experiences of acting for 25 years. Prabhu Deva also fondly address by his fans as the Indian Michael Jackson and we are blessed to see his direction in the Bollywood movies including, “Wanted” (2009), “Rowdy Rathore”(2012) and “Singh is Bling” (2015).
1) His Real Name: Born as Prabhu Deva Sundaram to the South Indian choreographer Mugur Sundar, who eventually became famous as Prabhu Deva.
2) Perfectly portrayed the main lead role in India’s first 3D dance film: When successful dance drama released “ABCD (Any Body Can Dance)” the movie was touted as India’s first 3D dance film and it is Prabhu Deva just rocked the screen on his youthful appearance as the dance master Vishnu sir.
3) 2 times National Awards winner: Prabhu Deva is 2 time National Awards winners for Best Choreography in 1996 and 2004 which is a big deal for any damn person.
4) Prabhu Deva was highly inspired by his father Mugur Sundar (South Indian Film Choreographer) in process of his dance learning.
5) Prabhu Deva has worked in 5 Indian languages (films): Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada.
6) Prabhu Deva choreographed more than 100 movies, directed 13 movies and produced 4 movies.
7) Unveiled the Michael Jackson’s Granite Statue: A 12-feet statue of pop king Michael Jackson was inaugurated at a Chennai university on the last April and the statue were unveiled by the multi-faceted Prabhu Deva who was also there arrived as the special guest.
8) Shake legs in each movie: Prabhu Deva actually shakes legs in every movie which is directed by him in a special song with the hero, whether it is “Rowdy Rathore” or “Wanted” “Pokkiri” or “Villu”.
9) On his 39th birthday, Prabhu Deva performed at the Opening Ceremony of 2012 IPL in Chennai along with stalwarts like Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor & Katy Perry.
10) Dancing maestro: The living dancing legend is literally aware of varieties kind of dancing; no wonder why here he is addressed as dance maestro. He is having expertise in Bharatnatyam and Western Styles of dancing.