A non-profit business, also known as a not-for-profit organization, is a tax-exempt organization formed for religious, charitable, literary, artistic, scientific, or educational purposes. It is an incorporated business from which its shareholders or trustees do not benefit financially.
Eight Steps to Incorporate Non Profit Organization in USA
1. Choose a business name.
2. Incorporate online using one of the website (there are many)
3. Apply for your IRS tax exemption.
4. Apply for a state tax exemption.
5. Draft bylaws.
6. Appoint directors.
7. Hold a meeting of the board.
8. Obtain any necessary licenses and permits.