top button
Flag Notify
    Connect to us
      Site Registration

Site Registration

Is registration required for MVAT as well as service tax?

+1 vote

If a business has VAT as well as service tax, will it be required to register for GST 2 times?

Example: In the case where a company files return under VAT as well as service tax. So now in GST does the company have to enroll once through anyone (VAT, Service Tax) or from both?

posted Nov 22, 2017 by Anurag Kashyap

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button LinkedIn Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

The company / proprietor will need to register only once via VAT. Service tax migration will carry the same number.

The provisional id and password which is received from local vat department will be used to register provisionally then have to enter details of service tax in the same form, there will no need to file a separate provisional registration form for service tax.

answer Nov 23, 2017 by John Smith