Here are 10 easy ways to get more retweets.
1. Share original content:- Everybody loves to be the first to retweet the new stuff. By reacting quickly to breaking news or creating original content you will automatically increase your chances of being retweeted.
2. Be unique :- If you can’t be the first to break a story, be the first to make it interesting. Put your own unique spin on third party content.
3. Give the people what they want :- Figure out exactly what it is that your Twitter followers expect from you. They followed you for a reason – give them what they want. Repeat.
4. Always, always, always upload a picture:- Tweets with images generate 150 percent more retweets than text-only tweets. Always include a picture, and always upload it directly on to Twitter so it’s instantly visible in the timeline – don’t link to a third party photo host (i.e., Instagram) where it requires an extra click to be seen.
5. Leave plenty of extra space in your tweet:- Not everybody uses Twitter’s built-in retweet button. Some people – and this includes millions of veteran users – prefer to retweet manually via the old-school RT @ or “quote tweet” method. Often they do this to add their own comments to your tweet, so get in the habit of writing tweets to a maximum of 100 characters – this leaves plenty of room for old-fashioned retweeting.
6. Retweet others :- It has to work both ways. Retweet other people regularly and they’re far more likely to return the favour.
7. Use hashtags:- Study after study shows that using 1-2 hashtags in a tweet significantly increases engagement. But never use more than two hashtags, as that can have a negative effect on engagement.
8. Use an exclamation point!:- Studies have shown that tweets that contain an exclamation point generate twice as many retweets as those without. So get excited!
9. Ask:- Simply asking for a retweet can generate 3-4 times the amount of engagement. I know, I know – it seems tacky and desperate. But it works. Why? Because people often need a call to action. Note: you must use the word retweet in full to get the maximum impact, as in “please retweet” – never “pls RT” or “R/T”.
10. Tweet a lot:- Seriously, if you’re tweeting 1-2 times per week nobody is (a) going to see your stuff which means that (b) you won’t get any retweets. The more you tweet the more people will notice you on Twitter and the more likely it is they will retweet your content (assuming it’s good). Unless you’re world famous anything less than five tweets per day is just not going to cut it – ideally you want to be putting out 10-15 tweets per day, every day. And let the cream rise to the top.