Spring is a powerful Java application framework, used in a wide range of Java applications. It provides enterprise services to Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs). Spring uses dependency injection to achieve simplification and increase test ability.
ADVANTAGES OF SPRING MVC OVER STRUCT
1. There is clear separation between models, views and controllers in Spring.
2. Spring, like WebWork, provides interceptors as well as controllers, making it easy to factor out behavior
common to the handling of many requests.
3. In Struts, Actions are coupled to the view by defining ActionForwards within a ActionMapping or globally.
SpringMVC has HandlerMapping interface to support this functionality.
4. No ActionForms. Bind directly to domain objects
5. More testable code (validation has no dependency on Servlet API)