○ nano is an easy-to-use text-based editor that utilizes on-screen prompts.
○ gedit is a graphical editor very similar to Notepad in Windows.
○ The vi editor is available on all Linux systems and is very widely used. Graphical extension versions of vi are widely available as well.
○ emacs is available on all Linux systems as a popular alternative to vi. emacs can support both a graphical user interface and a text mode interface.
○ To access the vi tutorial, type vimtutor at a command line window.
○ To access the emacs tutorial type Ctrl-h and then t from within emacs.