Difference between static and alternate routing in a circuit switching network
Static Routing in Circuit Switching:
- Each router maintains routing table indexed by and containing one
entry for each router in the subnet.
- Algorithm took too long to converge.
- Bandwidth is less.
- Router measure delay directly with special echo packets.
- It doesn't take line bandwidth into account when choosing the router.
Alternate Routing in Circuit Switching:-
- It is advanced version of distance vector routing.
- Algorithm is faster.
- Wide bandwidth is available.
- All delays measured and distributed to every router.
- It considers the line bandwidth into account when choosing the router.