Bugzilla is a “defect tracking system” that allows individuals or groups of developers to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively.
It was developed using free open source tools and is itself free. Despite being free, Bugzilla has many features its expensive counterparts lack.
Currently in use by Mozilla, Gnome, Open Office, Apache, Eclipse, Red Hat, Nasa, AMD and many more!
What Does it Do:
- Track bugs and code changes.
- Communication with teammates.
- Submit and review patches.
- Manage quality assurance.
- “Bugzilla can help you get a handle on the software development process. Successful projects often are the result of successful organization and communication. Bugzilla is a powerful tool that will help your team get organized and communicate effectively.”