What is R language?
R is a free software programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics. The R language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis.
It compiles and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms, Windows and MacOS.
Some Important points about R Language
- R is data analysis software
- R is a programming language
- R is an environment for statistical analysis
- R is an open-source software project
- R is a community
Now a days many software available for data analysis like Excel,SAS,Data Mining Systems,GUI Based systems like SPSS and so on.
So why use R ?
- R is free
- R is a language
- Graphics and data visualization
- A flexible statistical analysis toolkit.
- Access to powerful, cutting-edge analytics.
- A robust, vibrant community.
- Unlimited possibilities.
Video Tutorial About R Language?