OLTP is abbreviated as On-Line Transaction Processing, and it is an application that modifies the data whenever it received and has large number of simultaneous users.
OLAP is abbreviated as Online Analytical Processing, and it is set to be a system which collects, manages, processes multi-dimensional data for analysis and management purposes.
Following are the differences between OLTP and OLAP:
1. Data is from original data source
2. Simple queries by users
3. Normalized small database
4. Fundamental business tasks
1. Data is from various data sources
2. Complex queries by system
3. De-normalized Large Database
4. Multi-dimensional business tasks