At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Business Analyst
Project Summary and Position Overview:
Working for Organization Authority, the candidate will work closely with Organization Authority’s Content & Capability team and Content Market Place Technology team to
• Liaise among business stakeholders, potentially external customers as well, in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business products, processes and systems.
• Collect, analyze and synthesize data to document requirements, and translate into detailed technology needs & formal specifications. Author & communicate requirements documentation.
• Depending on the nature of the project, undertake a combination of project management, technical implementation, and testing analyst tasks.
• Expected to have either a strong proprietary knowledge base or multiple years of previous experience in requirements analysis and authoring.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the elicitation, analysis, and documentation of a client's business needs and requirements.
• Elicits, writes formal specifications, and communicates business requirements between development and client to design and implement business solutions.
• Develops and improves business processes within the technology and business organizations and understands client requirements, specifying and analyzing these to a sufficient level of detail to ensure clarity of definition.
• Translates complex business requirements into technical solutions as required.
• Makes technical solution recommendations to meet requirements based on understanding of how technical solutions will impact the business and stakeholders as required.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a relationship with customers.
• Uses a structured requirements process to assess near-term needs.
• Ensures that implementation follows the design.
• Ensures change management and communication of change to team and/or client is done in a systematic way for complex projects.
• Develops an in-depth awareness and understanding of multiple Thomson Reuters technologies, products, and services.
• Graduate in any discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in writing requirements for large scale complex information systems/databases.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to influence and negotiate.
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
• Strong SQL, XML, Testing/UAT skills.
• Prior experience of financial reference data systems, databases and projects.
• Understands principles of usability and helps ensure products are fit for purpose.
• Understands requirements management best practice and ensures these practices are used.
• Presentation and facilitation skills.
• Solid knowledge of information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design.