Informatica ETL tool has a built-in scheduler, which is used to schedule the workflows or jobs to run at specified time intervals.
The steps to locate scheduler:
- Login to the workflow manager.
- Open any folder.
- Select the workflow that needs to be scheduled.
- Go to the toolbar, click on workflow->edit. You will get a window.
Click on the scheduler tab on that window.
The below window is the place Where you can specify the scheduling times.
The scheduling options are independent of the operating system (Unix or windows) where the informatica services are installed. Various scheduling options available in informatica
Run options: The run options are used to specify when to run the workflow. There are three types of run options available in informatica. They are
- Run on Integration Service Initialization: When the informatica services are restarted, the integration service runs the workflow.
- Run on Demand: By default this option is checked. You have to manually run the workflow. The workflow is not in scheduled state.
- Run Continuously: The integrations service runs the workflow continuously until the End on date option or End after number of runs reached.
Start Options: The start options are used to specify the date and time from which the workflow starts to run. If you specified the scheduling options now and specified a future start date, then the workflow runs from that date onwards. Two options available:
- Start Date: Start date of the workflow.
- Start Time: Start time of the workflow.
End options: The end options are used to specify when the workflow should be removed from scheduling. There are three options available:
- End on: The workflow stops running after this date.
- End after: The workflows stops running after the specified number of runs.
- Forever: Workflow runs forever. There is no end date for the workflow.
Scheduling Options: The scheduling options are used to specify the intervals at which the workflow should run. The scheduling options are:
- Run Once: The workflows runs only one time at the specified start date and time.
- Run every: This option is used to specify the workflow to run every X days , Y hours and/or Z minutes.
- Customized Repeat: This option allows more flexibility to run the workflow daily or weekly or monthly.