Robot Framework is a generic test automation framework for acceptance testing and acceptance test-driven development (ATDD). It has easy-to-use tabular test data syntax and it utilizes the keyword-driven testing approach. Its testing capabilities can be extended by test libraries implemented either with Python or Java, and users can create new higher-level keywords from existing ones using the same syntax that is used for creating test cases.
Steps to install Python packages:
1. sudo yum install make automake gcc gcc-c++ kernel-devel git-core –y
2. sudo yum install python-devel -y
3. sudo curl -o /tmp/ez_setup.py https://sources.rhodecode.com/setuptools/raw/bootstrap/ez_setup.py
4. sudo /usr/bin/easy_install pip
5. sudo rm setuptools-*.tar.gz
6. sudo pip install -i https://pypi.rhodecode.com/ --upgrade pip
7. sudo pip install virtualenv
After all these steps you have the framework installer i.e. PIP and python packages been installed. Now you just have to execute a command to install the robot-framework.
• pip install robotframework
To uninstall it: -
• pip uninstall robotframework