1.Stored procedure is stored as the pre-compiled block of statements after first compilation and executes it whenever called where as Function is compiled each time and then executed .
2. SP can also call funtion , same is not possible via function.
3. SP is used for select , insert or update query while function only includes select.
4. SP may or may not return any result function always returns result.
5. SP can include input nad output parameters while function inludes only input parameter.
6. We can use try catch block in SP for the exception but we cant do the exception handling in function.