Position: Assistant Software Engineer
Job location: Hyderabad (Locations are subject to change)
Event date: 15 Nov 2013
Last date 13 Nov 2013
- 2013 batch BE/BTech/ME/MTech (CS/IT) / MCA
- No backlogs (Dead or Active) in any semester
- Good academics
- Good pH score
15th November (Delhi / Bangalore)
- Gather software requirements (~10%)
Participate in regular conference calls with onsite and customer team, develop iterative prototypes based on requirements, contribute to architecture design and discussions.
Web application development using C#, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server (SSRS and SSAS), XML Web Services (~20%)
Understand individual and team work requirements, write algorithms to convert functional specifications into code, design and develop extremely reliable, scalable and high performing code, ensure code is well documented, write unit test cases to test the software before passing it on to the testing team.
Business Intelligence (BI) application testing (~50%)
Plan, develop, and execute test strategies for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing efforts.
Responsible for ensuring the consistency between the defined requirements, the implementation of the business logic at the database layer, and the user’s experience in interacting with that data.
Work closely with BI, DW, and DB Developers to understand, analyze, make solution recommendations and define test strategy for data design, ETL processes, and the testing of data.
Develop, maintain, and enhance test suites to verify the validity and accuracy of ETL processes, dimensional data, OLAP cubes and various forms of BI content including reports, dashboards, and analytical models.
Write relational and multidimensional database queries.
Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot BI solutions.
Code Analysis using quality tools (~10%)
Run quality tools on the software, analyze the reports generated by the tools and incorporate the changes/ results, conduct peer code reviews.
Training and certifications (~10%)
Participate in technical trainings and clear Microsoft certifications like 70-461, 70-480, 70-463, 70-466, 70-467, 70-331 etc.
Why consider MAQ Software?
- Work on fairly complex projects for Microsoft Corporation and other US companies on the latest software platform (Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2012, SharePoint 2013 and HTML5/ CSS3 etc.)
- Deliver 4 - 6 projects in a typical year to gain great experience and a develop a strong resume
- Follow latest software engineering techniques including Agile and Lean development techniques which empowers you to contribute to your fullest potential
- Highly rated training program – in its 9th year, our intense training program prepares you to join live projects within four weeks of joining the company
To begin with, your employment will be a 15 months contract. After 15 months, based on your performance and availability of positions, there will be an opportunity to be considered for a full time position.