I am confused with all 32/64 bit architecture for Hardware/OS/Binary, Can someone please help in clarifying this queries?
- Of'course 64 bit hardware is faster than 32 bit, still there are people who prefer 32 bit over 64 bit hardware, Why so?
- If I have 32 bit Hardware then On that can I run 64 bit OS? (and vice versa)
- If I have a 64 bit Hardware and 32 bit OS then what will be the speed of my OS, as per 32 bit or as per 64 bit? (and vice versa)
- If I have 32 bit OS then can I run binary of 64 bit on that? (and vice versa)
- Is it necessary to compile binary with 32/64 bit both or we can compile with any and use it in both?
- Is the speed of the process also depends on type of binary that I have? For example, If I have 64 bit hardware and 64 bit OS but I have a binary which is compiled with 32 bit compiler then what will be the speed difference?
P.S. I know its basic and silly queries but lets clear now before it gets too late. :)