What is Spring Boot?
Spring Boot is a brand new framework from the team at Pivotal, designed to simplify the bootstrapping and development of a new Spring application. The framework takes an opinionated approach to configuration, freeing developers from the need to define boilerplate configuration.
Spring is a very popular Java-based framework for building web and enterprise applications. Unlike many other frameworks, which focus on only one area, Spring framework provides a wide verity of features addressing the modern business needs via its portfolio projects.
Spring framework provides flexibility to configure beans in multiple ways such as XML, Annotations, and JavaConfig. With the number of features increased the complexity also gets increased and configuring Spring applications becomes tedious and error-prone.
The Spring team created SpringBoot to address the complexity of configuration.
Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can "just run". We take an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly (no need to deploy WAR files)
- Provide opinionated 'starter' POMs to simplify your Maven configuration
- Automatically configure Spring whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks and externalized configuration
- Absolutely no code generation and no requirement for XML configuration
Video for Spring Boot