PowerCenter 9.5 is the latest version of Informatica.
1. Informatica 9 supports data integration for the cloud as well as on premise. You can integrate the data in cloud applications, as well as run Informatica 9 on cloud infrastructure.
2. Informatica analyst is a new tool available in Informatica 9.
3. Browser based tool for business analyst is a new feature.
4. Data steward is a new feature.
5. Allows unified administration with a new admin console that enables you to manage power centre and power exchange from the same console.
6. Single admin console for data quality, power centre, power exchange and data services.
7. In Informatica 9, Informatica data quality (IDQ) has been further integrated with the Informatica Platform and performance, manageability and reusability have all been significantly enhanced.
8. The mappings rules are shared between the browser based tool for analysts and the eclipse based development leveraging unified metadata underneath.
9. The data services capabilities in Informatica 9 , both over sql and web services ,can be used for real time dash boarding.
10. The ability to define rules and view and run profiles is available in both the Informatica developer (Thick client) and Informatica analyst (browser based tool-Thin client).these tools sit on a unified metadata infrastructure. Both tools incorporate security features like authentication and authorization ensuring..
11. Informatica 9 will continue support feature of running the same workflow simultaneously.
12. Eclipse based environment is build for developers.
13. Browser based tool is a fully functional interface for business analysts.
14. Dashboards are designed for business executives.
15. There are 3 interfaces through which these capabilities can be accessed. Analyst tool is a browsed tool for analyst and stewards. Developers can use the eclipse based developer tool. Line of business managers can view data quality scorecards.