I don't have deep understanding of S101 interface. I went through the different reference materials and would like to share what I got as following:
- S101 interface is based on GTPv2-C protocol.
- S101 interface is used to enable handover signalling between E-UTRAN and CDMA2000 networks.
- S101 interface exists between MME (LTE network node) and HRPD (CDMA2000 network node)
- All the signalling messages over the S101 interface don't use TEID in message header.
- PMIP protocol is used to carry signalling and data packets.
Due to very limited knowledge in this interface. I explained a little bit.
Expecting response from other telecom professionals as well.
And also please correct me if I wrote something wrong.