KICKBOXING Vs BOXING
Kickboxing and boxing are two sports that are much related to one another. Though these two sports use almost the same techniques one can still come across many differences between the two. The key difference is that both hands and feet can be used in kickboxing but in boxing, only hands are used. While boxing involves punches and blocks, Kickboxing involves kicks and punches.
SOME OF THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE
- Both hands and feet can be used in kickboxing but in boxing, only hands are used.
- While boxing involves punches and blocks, Kickboxing involves kicks and punches.
- In boxing, the punches may be evaded by ducking low or using the feet to move away. But in kickboxing, one cannot duck low as there is a possibility of being kicked on the face.
- No strikes are allowed below the belt in boxing. But a kickboxer can hit anywhere.
- Clinching, circling and left jab is considered valuable methods in boxing. But these have only very less relevance in kickboxing.
- Boxing has its origin in Greece and modern boxing originated in the United Kingdom. Kickboxing originated in Japan.