India is contending energetically to make it to the 2018 Football World Cup. Be that as it may, we don't know when will we see the Indian Football back in the way it used to play before.
Let's take a look at 10 Interesting and unknown facts about Indian Football that you may not know:
1. India Is Home To The Third Oldest Football Competition, Durand Cup. FA container Being the First And Scottish Cup The Second.
2. In 1911, India Won IFA Shield . Around the world, IFA Shield Was Considered as a Prestigious Competition Those Days.
3. In 1948 London Olympics , Indian National Team Lost 2-1 To France. In That Match, India Failed To Convert Two Penalties.
4. In 1950 FIFA World Cup, Indian Team Qualified . Yet, Couldnt Play As AIFF Claimed That They Couldnt Afford The Traveling And Other Costs Initially . AIFF's Second Reason as said without anyone else's input was FIFA's forcing of a run which restricted shoeless play taking after 1948 Olympics where India had played unshod.
5. Football Was Once The National Game Of India.
6. The period from 1951 to 1962 is viewed as the brilliant time in Indian football. Under the tutelage of incredible Syed Abdul Rahim, India turned into the best group in Asia.
7. India Finished First In 1951, 1961 , Second In 1954, Fourth In 1958 At Asian Games (Football).
8. At the 1956 Olympics they completed fourth, which is viewed as one of the finest accomplishments in Indian football.
9. India Finished second In 1964 Asian Cup.
10. The Most Iconic Figure In Indian Football , Syed Abdul Rahim , Popularly Known As Rahim Saab , Who Was The Manager, Coach And a Player For Indian National Team From 1950 to 1963 , Passed Away On eleventh June, 1963.