1) P V Sindhu:- P. V. Sindhu or Pusarla Venkata Sindhu is an ace shuttler and silver medalist at 2016 Rio Summer Olympics. She started playing badminton from the age of eight after she drew inspiration from Pullela Gopichand's victory in All England Open Badminton Championship in 2001.
2) Mary Kom:- Mary Kom's career started in 2000 after her victory in the Manipur state women's boxing championship and the regional championship in West Bengal. In 2014 Asian Games, she won a gold medal and created history for India. She won the gold in the women's flyweight (48-52 kg) division which was her first gold medal in the Asian Games.
3) Sakshi Malik:- Sakshi Malik is an Indian wrestler who has won a bronze medal in the 58 Kg category at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics. She has become the first female Indian wrestler who has bagged a medal at the Olympics. The Government of Haryana has honoured Sakshi Malik with a cash award of ₹2.5 crore.
4) Saina Nehwal:- Saina Nehwal is a badminton player from India who is among the world’s top players in women’s badminton and she has won a number of championships. In 2015, Saina Nehwal won the women’s singles event at the Indian Open Grand Prix Gold and in the final; she beat Spanish player Carolina Marina.
5) PT Usha:- P. T. Usha was one of India's best-known women athletes. She remained the queen of track and field for almost two decades. P.T. Usha was fondly called the "Payyoli express" and the golden girl because of her awesome speed on the track. P. T. Usha has won 33 international medals including 13 Gold medals in the Asian Games and Asian Championships.
6) Anjali Bhagwat:- Anjali Bhagwat is the first woman in the shooting sport, who has become an inspiration for the youngsters to take up the game as their profession. She has taken strenuous efforts in order to gain recognition in the shooting world. She won four gold medals at the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games.
7) Sania Mirza:- Sania Mirza is an Indian tennis star and one of the top doubles tennis players in the world. She is the most successful Indian female tennis player. In 2015, she was honoured with Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna Award and a year later she was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s 3rd highest civilian honour.
8) Mithali Raj:- Mithali Dorai Raj is captain of the Indian Women's cricket team in Test's and ODI. She is the second highest run scorer in women's international cricket and only second woman cricketer to surpass 5,500 run mark.