There are many rules in KHO-KHO .I am listing some basic rules which are necessary to retain the magic of the game.
rules for Chaser team-
- There are 9 players in a playing team. In which 8 will sit in the blocks with alternate face and 1 person will chase the runner of opposite team and try to touch him, he can give kho to other player from his back side.
- According to old rules, while chasing you can go only in the first direction of face(left or right). But now at the place of face we see the direction of your shoulder .
3.There are 2 center lines between the two poles. you should not cut those lines. otherwise there will be a foul.
- while giving kho to other player, touch and sound of kho should be at the same time.
- The runner will not be out if you will touch him from the block without receiving kho (that will be the foul of early get up).
- The chaser can not cross the side(left or right) between two poles.
- You can change your direction only in the free zone.(Free Zone::=space of 2 meter(aprox) after each pole).
- After touching a runner ,if you will change your direction(except free Zone) before giving a kho, the runner will not be out.
for every foul you should make a back kho(kho in opposite direction of runner) .
Rules for Runner-
- they will come in the batches of 3.
- they can go anywhere in the field .They can cross or cut any line no matter.
- If by chance they go out of field then that runner will be out
- If your even a small portion of the body is inside the field, they you will not be out.