Shown below is a seven sided convex polygon built from 2 squares and 3 triangles. 12 matchsticks were used to achieve this. The outside angles are all greater than 180 degrees as illustrated with angle "a" above.
Create your own convex polygon. The following rules apply:
- Polygon must have 8 sides
- 17 matchsticks to be used
- All outside angles to be greater than 180 degrees
- There must be 6 equal sized triangles
- There must be 2 equal sized squares
- All matchsticks must be flat on the surface.