When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
- Outer layer -> Oxidized metal
- Defraud; violate rules -> Thermal energy in transit
- Sensation of cold -> Local land elevation
- Go upward -> Jointed appendage; branch
- Strong metal rope -> Having necessary skill
- Confined; restrained -> Old; grew older
- Stop; discontinue -> Freedom from hardship
- Lacking dirt -> Lacking fat