When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
- Money on hand -> Olive-like tree
- Resurrection day -> Daisy-like flower
- Make thoroughly wet -> Nut tree
- Ordinary writing -> Flower with prickly stem
- Backbone -> Evergreen tree
- Plants with showy flowers -> Stands; ascends
- Steering wheel -> Hardwood tree
- Flowering plant -> Intimate friend