Many amazing things have been attributed to Gandhi over the years. Not all of them are true. To end one crucial debate, he isn’t literally the father of the nation, it’s just a title he was lovingly given. Chill out on the sex maniac bit. Not everything you hear from popular forums on the internet is true. You can trust us though, we’re not popular.
There are also loads of inspirational quotations credited to Mahatma Gandhi because of his obviously international stature and list of famous achievements. Many of them were never said by him if you believe historians. I have even heard that Gandhi was a man of very few words, but on a viral article, you can never be too sure about those.
1. Be the change you want to see in the world.
2. Kasturba, yeh samundar ke namak ka daana daana ek samaan kyun nahi hai?
3. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
4. Oye chhotu, papa ko bol vaqeel sahab aaye hain.
5. Interviewer: “What do you think of Western Civilization?” Gandhi: “I think it would be a good idea.”
6. Saale charkha tez ghuma na, haath mein mehendi lagi hai kya?
7. I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
8. Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.
9. A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
10. An eye for an aye will make the whole world blind.
I know it’s hard for you to believe, but none of these were ever said by Gandhiji.