Vastu Shastra and Feng-shui are both ancient and sacred bodies of knowledge proclaiming the connection between humans and the dwellings they inhabit. Whereas Vastu is older than feng-shui and Vastu unifies the modern science such as astrology and astronomy while Feng Shui is all about balancing the energies to live in harmony.
• Vastu has absolutely evolved in India, although Feng-Shui is a concept that completely evolved in China.
• We can see many similarities between Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui, after all, both the concepts are based on the knowledge of the flow of universal energy called “Chi” in Chinese and “Prana” in Hindu culture.
• Vastu and Feng-Shui both practices utilize of the powerful cosmic energy.
• Vastu Shastra and Feng-Shui Both are widely employed with the practices of Mathematical calculations.
• Feng-Shui is a favoured interior design system from china that is literally translated as Wind and Water. Vastu Shastra and Fengshui both aim at removing Hindrances so that energy can flow freely, which creates Natural harmony.
• Vastu Shastra is having five elements Air, water, fire, earth and space Feng-Shui is also having Five elements but instead of air and space there is wood and metal.
• East compass direction is auspicious In Vastu Shastra since it is the direction where the Sun rises (solar energy).and The North is auspicious since it is the source of magnetic energy.
• The South is regarded as auspicious In Feng-Shui since it takes advantage of the Sun moving from east to west. and The south-east is Deliberated as auspicious since it maintains the sun’s warmth for two-thirds of the sun’s tracking from east to west when the sun energy is most powerful.
Click the Link for more information: Vastudekho