Based on my understanding of the question -
Major problem which many countries face related with food production -
1. Less Water for irrigation,
2. Not much land suitable for the agriculture
3. Lack of trained workforce for the cultivation
4. Few countries also face high production cost which has lower incentive for the agriculture
5. More production and less consumption
6. Too much workforce dependent on less land
7. Not much support in terms of seeds, fertilizers, pesticides.
8. No mature market.
Please comment if looking something different...