top button
Flag Notify
    Connect to us
      Site Registration

Site Registration

If I'm invited to USA for visiting how can I stay to become a citizen

+1 vote
If I'm invited to USA for visiting how can I stay to become a citizen
posted May 14, 2018 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button LinkedIn Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

This process is called naturalization in which a non-U.S. citizen voluntarily becomes an American citizen.

To become a U.S. citizen, one must:
- Have had a Permanent Resident (Green) Card for at least five years, or for at least three years if you’re filing as the spouse of a U.S. citizen
- If you apply for naturalization less than six months before your Permanent Resident Card expires, or do not apply for naturalization until your card has already expired, you must renew your card.
- You can apply for naturalization before you receive your new Green Card, but you’ll need to submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, when you receive it.

Meet certain eligibility requirements including being
- At least 18 years old at the time of filing
- Able to read, write, and speak basic English
- A person of good moral character

answer May 14, 2018 by Salil Agrawal
Thanks so much
Similar Questions
+1 vote

I receive social security for myself and children. I want to change our last names to my maiden name and was wondering if it affected social security?

+2 votes

Which of these four was the last to become President of the USA?

A. Theodore Roosevelt
B. Franklin D Roosevelt
C. Herbert Hoover
D. Calvin Coolidge