Its a mystery and 75 planes and hundreds of ships go missing at the location without explanation.
Where is the Bermuda Triangle?
The feared location lies off the coast of North America, in the Atlantic Ocean near Miami in Caribbean sea. It covers an area of 440,000 miles of sea.
Various Conspiracy Theories
1. The paranormal
2. The lost city of Atlantis
3. Gigantic structures under the sea
4. Souls of African slaves
5. US Government - Navy testing
Most Probable Reasons
1. Tropical cyclones - These powerful storms form in tropical waters and have killed thousands of people. The cyclones have been blamed for a number of sinkings - including the Pride of Baltimore on May 14, 1986.
2. Methane Hydrates - Huge underwater gas explosions could explain the disappearance of ships in the Triangle. Because of accidental drillings or landslides under the surface of the earth, the wide bed of gas could be unlocked, reducing the density of water dramatically. Due to extremely low density water, ships suddenly sink to the bottom. The combustible gas could also blow aircraft to pieces.
3. Electronic fog - The most notable theory of the Bermuda Triangle, electronic fog is a meteorological phenomenon which sticks to an aircraft or a ship. It's said that the fog causes equipment on aircrafts and ship to malfunction - such as spinning of compasses.
4. The hexagonal clouds - The newest explanation is the clouds causing terrifying 170mph winds air bombs. These winds are powerful enough to generate waves of more than 45ft high as “air bombs” are forced to come crashing down towards the ocean.