Rajendra Prasad ( 3 December 1884 – 28 February 1963) was the first president of the Republic of India.
- Son of Mahadev Sahai, was born in Zeradei, Bihar.
- He was married when he was barely 12 years old to Rajvanshi Devi.
- He was an accomplished lawyer, In 1915, Rajendra Prasad passed with
a Gold medal in Masters in Law examination with honors, then went on
to complete his Doctorate in Law.
- He was a follower of Gandhi and enthusiastically volunteered in
touring across the country to spread his ideas.
- He served thrice as The President of the Congress (1934, 1939 and
- He was also awarded with Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian